A collaboration agreement was signed between Vista Faraz and Codemill of Finland, and Vista Faraz was announced as the official representative to sell Navistools plugins in Iran
About Navistools Standard
Navistools Standard is a Navisworks plugin for asset and plant lifecycle management, construction management and FM (facilities management)
Navistools includes our Data Management and Reporter modules running a Navisworks-like graphical user interface built around an SQL database that can be easily integrated with other database applications.
Navistools provides the means to manage an entire project containing information and documentation into a single manageable resource that can be handed over or transferred between project stakeholders throughout the design, construction, management and lifecycle phases.
Running Navisworks with Navistools provides the functionality to search, link, tag and report on information stored in Navisworks models or BIMs, as well as the ability to add new construction and maintenance data captured on-site
Navisworks with Navistools used as a Field BIM application using the above process facilitates continuation of the BIM process after the design phase for construction, fit-out and then FM. Building and associated information is added to the model during fit-out and subsequently handed over to the operations team.
Navistools is a tool for builders, planners and subcontractors. Information collected in Navistools Data Manager helps define a comprehensive digital model that can be handed over to the project’s owner/operators as a deliverable, thereby allowing our customers to offer extra value to their clients and help them win more business.
Navistools Model Browser is a solution for browsing Navisworks models in the web. It enables Navisworks models to be browsed and managed anywhere with all kind of devices that have a modern Web Browser installed. In addition of browsing 3D models user can also browse and edit database information that is attached to the model items.
- The model can be published by using groups. When groups are used they can be shown and hide from the menu. Group names can be freely chosen when publishing (e.g. walls, windows, ducts).
- You can clip the model with clipping planes from different directions and measure distances with measurement tool.
- Application provides both perspective and orthographic cameras and you can switch between them as you like.
- If Navisworks model is linked with external database also published WebGL graphics will retain database links. Then metadata information of the objects are displayed in the Properties window. When using with Navistools Datamanager one can use SQL, MySQL and Oracle databases.
- Application contains a Selection Tree that can be used for searching a certain object from the model. Selected object will be zoomed to screen and its metadata will be populated into the Properties window.
- You can save views from different positions of the model and restore them later.
- You can also add comments to the model and edit and remove them later when don’t need anymore.
There is two ways to use our Navistools Field. You can use it direct from your mobile or tablet browsers or you can download our iOS App from Apple store.
- You can use your own mobile devices as a same way you use your desktop browsers. Just open the same address from you browser and use your model where ever you are.
- iOS App is the app that is installed on your mobile device and which typically onsite workers are using when they wish to change a status of an object, link photos or other attachments to the object or change object properties. Onsite coordinator can then manage and use all that data with his Navisworks and Navistools Standard system. He/She can also embed status and property information and publish it to anyone who needs to follow onsite work. You can use Navistools iOS App also in offline mode. After you are back in online your changes can be updated in your model.
Navistools WebVR Application supports WebVR and GamePad APIs and you can view published models and walk around in VR by using Oculus Rift or HTC Vive headsets and Gamepad. Using VR mode also needs a VR compatible browser which are Google Chromium or Firefox Nightly at the moment.
Navistools Model Publisher and Property Publisher
Navistools Model Publisher is a Navisworks plugin that is used for converting Navisworks models into WebGL graphics. Plugin converts any model or aggregated model that can be opened in Navisworks (e.g. IFC, RVM, RVT, DWG files) Plugin will publish WebGL graphics in to the Web Server or your Localhost.
With Navistools Property Publisher you can publish properties to the data service database.
Total solution for handling models and related databases will also include Navistools Standard that is used as an interface for server or cloud based database. By default the solution is running on our Web Service which we are offering as a service, though it is also possible for the clients to purchase and install it into their own Web Server.
Navistools Clash Manager
Navistools ClashManager is a Navisworks Clash Detective extension. It is easy to use but still effective tool for managing project’s clash results.
Clashes can be grouped and sorted by many options. If Navisworks model has at least one grid system, then clashes can be also grouped by levels and/or grid intersections.
Clashes can be visualized by clash markers, which are selectable objects. User can select them in the screen when grouping clashes manually. They also mark the location of the clashes in top and front projections of the model when user is generating a clash report.
User can easily add comments to each clash result by using the comments window. Comments are automatically displayed in the clash reports.
Report generator is easy to use tool which creates a Pdf clash report of selected clash results. Report consist of detailed view of the clash result and both top and front projections of the model with location of the clash result marked. It also contains all metadata of the clash result including added comments.
Building SMART International is an alliance of organizations within the construction and facilities management industry. It also develops and maintains the specification for Industry Foundation Classes (IFC), an open vendor-independent neutral file format that captures both geometry and properties of ‘intelligent’ building objects and their relationships within building information models.
About Navistools IFC Exporter
With IFC Exporter you can export any file that can be opened in Navisworks to the IFC2x3 format. From version 2018.2 it also supports IFC4 format. When exporting Navisworks model items can be mapped to corresponding IFC objects. This plugin will export both the model geometry (BREP) and the related data (Property Sets)
The plugin will function in 2 different ways. Straighforward way is to select model items (selection) that you want to export from the Navisworks model and export them without mapping objects. If using this way all entites in the IFC file are represented as IfcEquipmentElement.
Another way is to use object mapping. Then you need to create predefined selection or search sets for each different object type in the Navisworks model and tell plugin which IfcType to use when exporting them.
About Console Application
IFCExporter 2020 console application is a complementary application to use together with IFC Exporter Navisworks plugin. After creating a class mapping file (.xml) by using the IFC Exporter plugin, you can use it in console application
Class mapping file tells console application what is the scope of the model items to export and how they are mapped with corresponding IFC elements.
Name of the console application is IFC4Export2020.exe and it is installed by default into C:\Navistools2020\IFC4Export-folder
IFC4Export2020.exe takes following command line parameters:
1st Input file (.nwd)
2nd Output file (.ifc)
3rd Class mapping file (.xml)
4th IFC schema to use (2×3 or 4)
There is a sample batch file test.bat installed with other sample files (pdms.nwd and equipment.xml) in the application folder for testing